Computers pervade every sphere of our lives and Computer Science seeks out the new ideas that lie at the heart of computer hardware and software. Students begin by learning to program, and how to design and develop new computer systems and software. Computing can be seen either as a science, or as an engineering discipline. Engineers apply scientific principles, the best current professional practice, and their own ingenuity to achieving the best available solution to a problem. As a university subject, and as a career, computing and software engineering are fun, challenging and creative.
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- BSc Computer Graphics Vision and Games
- BSc Internet Computing and Systems Administration (previously called Internet Computing)
- BSc Business Information Technology
- BEng Software Engineering
- MEng Software Engineering
- Joint Degrees and Major/Minor combinations
- Why Choose Us?
- Student Profiles
- About our Degrees
- Industrial Year
- Team Working Skills
- What do Aberystwyth Computer Science graduates do?
- Bursaries and Scholarships
- Course Requirements
- A taste of life in the Computer Science Department
The Department of Computer Science is committed to developing global partnerships and works in collaboration with a broad range of partners around the world. Formal links and partnerships operate in areas of research, economic regeneration, international development, teaching and learning and student/staff exchange.
Further details of our international partners can be found on the following webpage: