This service is available to Aberystwyth University Staff and Students in support of the academic aims of the University.
Information Services have the following items available for short-term loan:
|Laptop Computer||With Windows XP or Vista and Internet connection||10|
|Netbook||2 x Toshiba, 1 x Samsung (available to Staff only)||3|
|Data Projector||Up to XGA resolution, plus 1 x mini projector||9|
|Ebook Reader||Amazon Kindle||1|
|Video Camcorder (digital)||Panasonic NV-GS90EB-S, Sony DCR-PC8E and Panasonic VDR-D150 E taking mini DV tapes||3|
|Video Camcorder (digital)||Panasonic VDR-D150EB taking mini DVD discs||1|
|Flip cam||Flip VIDEO Camera ULTRA HD||4|
|Pulse SmartPens||For students & staff toborrow up to a whole semester - Ideal for notetakers||3|
|Digital Still Camera||1 x Fuji 6900, 1x Fuji 4900||2|
|Tripod||For use with camcorders and stills camera||4|
|OHP #1||Elite -Portable with integrated carry case||1|
|Projection Screen||Portable screen||6|
|CD Player||JVC Portable CD/Radio RC-BX25 –||1|
|Duet USB Executive Speakerphone||For use with video / web conferencing.||2|
|Conference Phone||Summit Conference Phone and Panasonic conference phone with in built recording||3|
|Flipchart Stand||Flipchart pads can be purchased if user requires. Price on appalication||2|
|MP3 Player / Recorders||Olympus Voice Recorders||6|
|Web Cam||Logitech C30||2|
|Laser Presentation Remote||Tangus Remote Lasers||2|
|Portable PA system||Anchor AN-100||1|
|Video Cassette Recorder||1 x LG LV220||1|
|DVD RW Recorder||Freecom||1|
|DVD-CD-MP3-Multi Region Disc Player||Cyberhome CH-DVD 402||1|
|USB Computer Speakers||Computergear||1|
|USB Desktop microphone||Logitech USB Microphone||2|
|Bar Code Readers||Requires software loaded onto the associated computer. For use with Windows XP only||1|
|Qwizdom Voting System||check diary here you may need to enter your user name and password for access||4|
Loan period and booking
Aberystwyth University staff and students can borrow equipment up to 5 consecutive days free of charge. E-book readers are available for 14 days. You will need to have a current library account and Aber Card
Bookings can be made in advance, either in person or by phone or email.
All loans will require the person collecting the equipment to sign a . On signing the borrower accepts that:
- the equipment is to be used for Aberystwyth University purposes only
- the borrower accepts liability for any loss or damage of equipment
- late returns will incur a £10 fine per day per item
- All equipment is offered on a self-collect and return basis from Media and Sales. Please collect between 9.00am and 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am and 4.00pm on Friday.
- Alternatively, equipment can be delivered, set up and collected for a fee of £35. Please note that a departmental order is required at time of booking
Equipment will be supplied with instruction manuals and quick start guides where applicable.
- Equipment will be supplied with a pictorial guide to items supplied (e.g. cables etc).
- Equipment can be returned between 09:00am-4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 09:00am-4:00pm on Friday
- If you need to extend a booking or if the equipment cannot be returned by the agreed time and date please contact us within 24 hours of the due date and time.
- If an item is not returned on time then a fine of £10 per day per item will be imposed.
Although the loan equipment is insured, there is a large excess payable on all claims. Any excess charges on breakages (accidental or otherwise) or loss of equipment or cables (theft or otherwise) will be charged back to the borrower .
- Rechargeable Batteries
Equipment needing rechargeable batteries will have batteries and charger supplied.
- Non-Rechargeable Batteries
Where equipment cannot be run on rechargeable batteries then the user will have to supply their own batteries. Suitable batteries will be available for purchase when collecting the loan item.
Users must provide their own tapes.Suitable tapes will be available for purchase when collecting the loan item.
Digital stills cameras will be provided with a 32MB memory card. If extra memory is required then this will be available for loan.
|Monday - Tuesday||08:30 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday and Friday||08:30 - 16:30|