Social Media Services
We are developing the following services:
- Live tweeting at large events such as Open Days, University-wide events (Eisteddfod, Royal Welsh Show) Appointments should be requested through the Social Media Officer. (Unfortunatly at the moment this service is only available in English)
- Assistance in learning the basic techniques of Twitter, and Twitter tools; such as Hootsuite, Twitpic and Exact Target (previously CoTweet) Appointments for this should be booked through the Social Media Officer.
- We will tweet University relevent information such as news, research and student & staff interest stories. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com with the bilingual tweet. We may alter your tweet before sending it.
- If you are a member of staff or a departmental representative considering setting up a Twitter account, please contact the Social Media Officer for general advice and an informal chat. You can also see general information regarding Twitter for Staff here: Social Media Policy
- We are aware that many members of staff are acting as natural ambassadors for the University. We are keen to produce a document of all academic and professional ‘Tweeters’ that work for Aberystwyth University and that use their twitter accounts to communicate their research and share good practise. If you use twitter in a professional context and would like to share your Twitter ID and be included on this document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Twitter user name, full name, department and role at the University. You will then appear on this document
- If you wish for your event/ notification to be uploaded to any University managed social networks, please email email@example.com with your request. We appreciate information provided in Welsh and English
- Departments that wish to set up a presence on a social network should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and support
- If you are facing a problem or issue that requires urgent attention on a social media website please contact email@example.com for advice and assstance.